The Final conference of the Creative Skills Europe’s project took place in Göteborg, Sweden, on 5 February 2019.
It was hosted by Film i Väst, the West Sweden Film Fund, and organised in partnership with Kulturakademin.
This event aimed at bringing together the different streams of discussions that were developed in the context of the project in the last years, as well as to offer participants another opportunity to exchange and network, with the view of supporting new partnerships in the future.
After a very inspiring keynote speech by Carl Heath, Vice President Professional Education at RISE Interactive – experimental IT & design research institute and Swedish Government’s Special Counsel for the Protection of the Democratic Dialogue, entitled ‘‘Skills and learning in a Digital Society’ (the keynote speech is available on K-play, the Kulturakademin podcast channels), the lessons learned from the Creative Skills Europe’s project were shared with the audience.
Roundtables followed, on the following topics:
- Convincing our industry to engage in training
- Sharing innovative training solutions
- Funding our training needs
- Training as a tool to open up the sector
- Training for all: the challenge of the freelance workforce
- The competences, qualifications and careers of artists/performers
- Recognising competences and qualifications across Europe
- European co-operations: concrete ideas and partnerships’ proposals
Those discussions led to a renewed interest to continue working across borders for the promotion of employment and training in the audiovisual and live performance sectors.